High in healthy fats and protein, hummus is a terrific runner’s food. This is my tried and true hummus recipe. In an ideal world, I would cook dried garbanzo beans, but my time is limited. If you wish to reduce the olive oil, you can substitute part water (but it might not be as tasty!).
Good fuel in! Enjoy.
- 1, 15 oz. can organic garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 Tbsp tahini
- 3 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 Tsp salt, plus a pinch if needed to taste
- Pinch of cumin
- 1/3 cup (5 tablespoons) good quality olive oil
1. Place all the ingredients a food processor and puree until creamy.
2. Serve with a sprinkle of paprika or sumac.