Time for a treat, folks. Running is hard and we deserve something tasty. Loaded with almond butter and cocoa powder, these Double Chocolate Cookies from PaleOMG are the perfect “good for you yummy” that the end of a tough week requires.
- 1 cup thick almond butter (I used TJ’s Raw Crunchy Almond Butter)
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 1 egg, whisked
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup cocoa nibs or chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mix together almond butter and coconut sugar using a large spoon. Then add egg and mix again until well combined.
- Add ¼ cup of cocoa powder at a time. You might ditch the spoon and use your hands because the dough gets very sticky. Add all the cocoa powder and completely combine.
- Add baking soda, vanilla, salt and cacao nibs and combined until everything is well mixed. The dough should be very thick at this point.
- Use a spoon or your hands to scoop out around 2 tablespoons of dough and make into a round ball. Place on silpat or parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Use a fork to press the cookies down just slightly. If you press them down too much, they’ll come apart when they bake so be careful.
- Place baking sheet into the oven and bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 5-10 minutes until removing from baking sheet to place on cooling rack. If you try to remove these from the baking sheet early, they will come apart.