Apparently the universe has decided that Wednesdays are going to kick my ass.
Today I was scheduled for a nice 8 mile road run, so away I went. Within the first mile, my ankle (the sprained one) decided to act up. And by mile 4 it was… er… noticeable. So I took my run inside, thinking that the more forgiving treadmill surface would help. What can I say; I’m an eternal optimist.
Nope. Two more miles on the treadmill and my ankle went from whispering “hey, perhaps, just a suggestion, maybe you stop a moment, just perhaps you slow down or…you know…maybe, you take a break here at this light, please?” to yelling, “STOP. F-IN. RUNNING. RIGHT. NOW.” I’m very stubborn, but my body was telling me to stop. Fine. So I stopped running and did my isometrics and went home to take Advil and ice the pain away.
Tomorrow is another day, ankle.
- 6 miles total; 4 miles on road, 2 miles on treadmill
- Average HR: 150
- Total time = 52:22
- Average pace = 8:43
Isometrics, 4 sets with 1 minute rest between sets
- Plank on large ball, make small circles. 30 seconds clockwise, 30 seconds counter
- Crab walking with resistance bands: 20 steps out, 20 back
- Walking lunges: 20 each leg. Changed to static lunges for 3rd & 4th set b/c ankle was unstable (20 each leg)
- Hamstring curls with large ball: 20 curls
- Calf raises: 20 each leg