Three cheers for humidity! And a huge high five for those of you who run in this weather nearly all year! In Spanish we would call today’s weather a “bochorno,” which, in this context, roughly translates to “suffocating heat.” [aside: I am 50% Spanish on my mama’s side and was lucky to grow up bilingual!]
So…given given the crazy weather, I opted for the climate controlled treadmill today. I was scheduled for a 9 mile endurance run and that is exactly what I completed. I was worried about the ankle after yesterday’s longer haul, but it stood up just fine! Blessed!
Despite my venue selection, I was still a drenched mess by the time my 9 miles were done. Squishy socks in my wet shoes, dripping all over the floor of the Y and looking like a drowned rat. YES! I took my wet self up to our “Functional Fitness” room and did my isometrics. I’m sure everyone loved that I was getting everything wet. Gross, right?!!
Total miles: 9
Total running time: 1:14
Average HR by mile: 143, 154, 158,161,162,165,166,160,167
- Plank on large rubber ball supported by elbow with feet on bend or rail, small rotation clockwise for 30 sec.@ counter clock for 30 sec.
- Crabbing with rubber bands, 25 ft out and back to starting line
- 20 walking lunges each leg with need touching ground gently
- Medicine ball hamstring; 20 each leg
- Calf raises, 20 reps each leg.