Today’s workout felt a bit like groundhog day: I taught my hour-long class, tacked on 10 extra minutes on the bike, then completed my isometrics. I also got in some extra stretch and foam roller time.
The back-to-back workouts are always challenging. When I hit the bike for my morning ride, my legs are still burning from the night before! But a gal’s gotta ride when time allows, so it was ride, eat, sleep, repeat for me!
Fingers crossed that my ankle feels good tomorrow. I don’t want to miss my joyful Sunday run! 🙂
My isometric sets: repeated this sequence 4 times with 1-2 min recovery between block of 5 exercises.
- Plank on large rubber ball supported by elbows with feet on bend or rail. Small rotation clockwise for 30 sec., counter clock for 30 sec.
- Crabbing with resistance bands. Step on bands with both feet in middle holding handles with elbow @ 90 degs. Lift one leg at a time and step sideways, followed by other leg. Move 25 ft to one side and back to starting line
- 20 walking lunges each leg with knee touching ground gently
- Calf raises, 20 reps each leg
- 20 large ball hamstring curls
Total cycle time: 1:16
Total workout time: 1:50